I have always loved telling stories, but I officially joined the professional storytelling world (a.k.a. journalism profession) as an intern at The (Elmira) Star-Gazette in late 2005. My passion for storytelling has led me from print journalism to marketing strategy, something I hope to continue with in the future.
- Contributing Writer for The Ithaca Journal (summer 2010 to present)
- Contributing Writer for The (Elmira) Star-Gazette (summer 2010)
- Editor-in-Chief, News Editor and Reporter at The Bona Venture (2006 to 2010)
- Features Writer for Odeum Magazine (summer 2010)
Marketing Communications Experience
- Marketing Strategist, Copywriter and Editor for EOTO Solutions (summer 2010 to present)
- Public Relations Graduate Assistant and Intern for the SBU Career Center (winter 2009 to present)
- Blogger for Condo-Alexandria.com (summer 2010 to present)
- Social Media Volunteer Intern for OUT2connect.com (summer 2010 to present)
- Social Media Volunteer for Friends of the Chemung River, Inc. (summer 2010)
- Corporate Communications Intern at Corning Incorporated (summer 2009)
- Writing Samples & Articles
- Marketing – Plans & Strategy
- Marketing – Creative
- Research Reports
- Undergraduate Thesis: Social Media’s Impact on Journalism
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from St. Bonaventure University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism and Mass Communication and a minor in French in May 2010.
- Pursuing my Master of Arts degree in Integrated Marketing Communications and will graduate in May 2011.
- Studied for six weeks at Oxford University’s Trinity College in the summer of 2008
- The Russell J. Jandoli Award for Excellence in the Print Curriculum (given by the Russell J. Jandoli School of Journalism and Mass Communication, May 2010)
- Top Paper in Social Media (given at the Conference for Undergraduate Research in Communications at the Rochester Institute of Technology, April 2010)
- Award for General Excellence in the Journalism and Mass Communication Curriculum (given by St. Bonaventure University, May 2010)
- Dean’s List (Fall 2006-Spring 2010)
- Inducted into Phi Eta Sigma (First-Year Society), Kappa Tau Alpha (JMC Society), Pi Delta Phi (French Society) and the National Society for Leadership and Success
For more information, view my view my LinkedIn profile.